Monday, August 1, 2011

Finished Smitten

My Smitten project is completed (finally). I'm satisfied with my end product. It could have been a lot better, but considering my drawing skills (which are pretty weak), I'm satisfied. I got a 94 as my final grade. My professor said I should expand my fabric selection, try fabric manipulations, use line weight to help convey the idea of my flats, and work on expanding my patterns. I got an 8 out of 10 on creativity which I find hard to believe, but it is what it is. So here they are, my final boards!

Mood Board (Now with Gumdrops!(And a melted Ritter cookie. That's the price you pay when you use food as a prop.))

Fabric Board (Linzer Cookie shapes to show color palette!)

Final Line-Up
Flats

This Flat Board kills me, I worked so hard to make them look professional and ran out of time to make the board match the other three. It's such a poor use of space, and even though the flats themselves are pretty damn good for my first time, the over all presentation just waters the whole board down. I learned a lot from this board. Presentation really is everything.

I am so ready for this quarter to be over, I just want to go to Dragon*Con so bad. My boyfriend and I are dressing up as Daisy and Luigi one day and then Misty and Ash another. Mikey wants one day casual clothes so he won't be too embarrassed to meet Robert Englund. We'll see how it goes. This is my Daisy dress...


Woot woot! Can't wait to show it off! 

Alright everyone, more updates soon!
-Lisbeth

No comments:

Post a Comment